Updated 8 January 2024
VAT4U GmbH (“VAT4U“) is committed to safeguarding the privacy and personal data of our website users and clients. This policy outlines our practices regarding data protection in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant laws.
- Data Protection Officer Contact Information
Responsible Entity: VAT4U GmbH, Kreuzstr. 34, 40210 Düsseldorf, Germany, Email: email@example.com, Phone: +49 (0)211 5455650
Data Protection Officer: TAS Training & Consulting GmbH, Kohlgartenstr. 13, 04315 Leipzig, Germany
- Data Collection and Use
- Website Browsing: We automatically collect information sent by your browser to our server, including your IP address, access times, and visited pages. This data is used to facilitate a smooth website experience, enhance security, and for administrative purposes.
- Newsletter Subscription: With your explicit consent, we use your email address to send our newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time via a link in each newsletter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Form: We collect information provided in our contact form to respond to inquiries. This data is processed based on your consent and deleted after handling your request.
- Software Usage Packages: Information provided during the online contract process for software usage is stored for contract creation and fulfillment.
- Free Trial Version: Data entered for any software trial is used to facilitate access and provide support. Data is deleted six weeks after the trial ends if no contract is established unless retention is required for compliance purposes.
- Data Sharing and Transfer
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties, except under the following conditions:
- With your explicit consent (Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO).
- For legal claims and defenses, where your interest in non-disclosure is not overriding (Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO).
- When legally obligated (Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. c DSGVO).
- For contract execution with you (Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. b DSGVO).
- User Rights
Under GDPR, you have the right to:
- Request information about your personal data we process.
- Correct or complete inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Delete your data unless its processing is necessary for free expression, legal obligations, public interest, or legal claims.
- Restrict processing of your data under certain conditions.
- Receive your data in a structured, commonly used format or request its transfer.
- Withdraw consent to data processing at any time.
- File a complaint with supervisory authorities.
- Right to Object
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, you have the right, under Article 21 of the GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data, provided there are reasons arising from your particular situation, or if the objection is directed towards direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement without requiring a special reason. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel or object, an email to email@example.com will suffice.
- Data Security
For website security, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. We implement suitable technical and organizational measures to protect your data against manipulation, loss, destruction, or unauthorized access. These are regularly updated in line with technological advancements.
- Session Cookies: Temporary cookies deleted after your visit.
- Persistent Cookies: Remain on your device for a set period to recognize your preferences and settings on subsequent visits.
- Browser Settings and Cookie Management
You can configure your browser to reject cookies, alert you before accepting a cookie, or disable cookies entirely. However, disabling cookies might limit your access to certain features of our website.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to analyze website usage. It employs cookies to gather information about your use of our site, such as browser type, operating system, previous page visited, IP address, and time of server request. This data is usually transferred to and stored on a Google server in the USA. We have activated IP anonymization, which truncates your IP address within EU member states or other EEA states before transmission to the USA. You can prevent data collection by Google Analytics using a browser add-on available at Google Analytics Opt-out or by setting an opt-out cookie via a provided link. For more details on data protection related to Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics Help page.
- Integration of Third-Party Services: LinkedIn and Pipedrive
In our ongoing commitment to providing a comprehensive and efficient service, VAT4U incorporates the use of third-party tools and platforms, including LinkedIn and Pipedrive. LinkedIn is utilized for professional networking, recruitment, and business promotion purposes, allowing us to connect with our clients and industry peers effectively. We may share content, provide updates, and engage with users on this platform. Pipedrive, a customer relationship management tool, is employed to streamline our sales and customer interaction processes. It helps us in tracking client interactions, managing leads, and analyzing our sales pipeline to enhance service delivery.
- Use of the VAT4U APP
To access and utilize the VAT4U app, users are required to register by providing their professional email address, selecting a secure password, and entering their full legal name. We strictly prohibit the use of pseudonyms; only clear, real names are permitted. Registration is confirmed via a double opt-in process, where you must verify your email within 48 hours by clicking on a link we send. If not confirmed within this timeframe, the registration will automatically be removed from our system. The afore mentioned details are mandatory, while any additional information is optional and may be provided at your discretion through the app.
When you use the VAT4U app, we retain the necessary data for contract fulfillment, including payment information, until you choose to delete your account. This data is processed to manage your orders and may involve sharing your payment details with our financial institution, as per Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR. Optional data provided by you is retained for as long as you use the app unless you decide to delete it earlier. This information is manageable within the secure customer area and is processed under Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. To comply with commercial and tax laws, we must retain your address, payment, and order information for ten years, with processing restrictions applied after five years to fulfill legal obligations only.
Using the VAT4U app allows certain user data to be accessible to other users as part of the provided services. Unregistered users will not have access to your information. Your username and photo are visible to all registered users, while your full profile and released data are only accessible to users you have approved as personal contacts. Content shared beyond private messages with personal contacts may become accessible to third parties if approved by such contacts. Public group posts are visible to all registered app users.
- Policy Updates
VAT4U is dedicated to continuously enhancing data protection practices and ensuring the privacy and security of our clients and website users. This policy, current as of 8 December 2023, may be updated to reflect changes in our website, services, or legal requirements. The latest version is always available at https://vat4u.com/en/vat4u-privacy-policy.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy or your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.